Conferences / Workshops
- Two Day National Workshop on Instrumentation Techniques for Research in Chemical Sciences on 6th & 7th September 2019, organized by Department of Chemistry, Sophia Girls’ College, Ajmer.
- A Two Day International Workshop on ‘Real Life Application of Machine Learning and Image Processing Using MATLAB’ on 17th & 18th December 2019, organized by Department of Computer Science, Sophia Girls’ College, Ajmer.
- An International Conference on New Dimensions In Commerce & Management Practices - Perspective 2030 on 7th & 8th February 2020, organized by Department of Commerce and Management, Sophia Girls’ College, Ajmer.
- A Two day International Conference on WATER - A Focus on the Future and Innovation - on 24th & 25th February 2020, organized by Department of Economics and Department of Political Science, Sophia Girls’ College, Ajmer.
- A Two day National Workshop on Revised Assessment And Accreditation Framework For Higher Education Institutions In India on 28th & 29th February 2020, sponsored by United Board For Christian Higher Education In Asia, organized by Internal Quality Assurance Cell(IQAC) , Sophia Girls’ College, Ajmer.
- Legal awareness Program
The District Collector Ms Arti Dogra in collaboration with the NGO United Ajmer conducted a Legal Awareness Program for the College students and staff members. Ms. Dogra encouraged the students to pursue their dreams despite of all odds.
- Seminar on Global warming and depletion of flora and fauna
Organised by the Department of Botany this two day seminar by Prof. Ordetta Mendonca highlighted the alarming concerns of global warming.
- National Workshop on ‘Research Methodology and Data Analysis using Data Mining Tools’
Organised by the Department of Computer Science the workshop helped the participants to understand the research arena better. Prof. Lalit kumar Awasthi Director B R Ambedkar National Institute of Technology was the Chief Guest and Keynote Speaker of the workshop, Prof. N.N. Jani Director SKPIMCS-KSV was the resource person of various technical sessions.
- National Conference on ‘Emerging Trends and Scope in the Banking sector with special reference to the present Indian Scenario’ Organised by the Department of Commerce and Economics, the conference brought together academicians, Industry policy makers, entrepreneurs & concerned stakeholders to deliberate on the emerging trends and scope in the contemporary Indian banking sector. Retired JNU Professor and country’s leading authority on Black economy debates Prof. Arun Kumar was the part of the valedictory function. There were 300 students, 80 Research Scholars and around 100 Academicians who participated in the conference.
- Workshop on Translation StudiesOrganised by the Department of English, the resource persons of the workshop were Prof. H.C. Narang from JNU and Dr. Ranjit Saha from Delhi University.
- National Conference on ‘Advances in Science and Technology’ Organised by the Department of Chemistry, the conference focused topics like nanotechnology and nanoparticles, green Chemistry, Environmental Chemistry, Mathematical Computations, natural products, Coordination Chemistry, Phytochemistry etc. Retd. Prof. of Chemistry IIT Kanpur Dr. ND Gajbhiye graced the occasion as the Chief Guest and Retd. Scientist/Engineer ISRO Dept. of Space Govt. of India Dr. MRR Prasad was the keynote speaker.
- Workshop on Memory, Mind and Body titled as “Intelligent Meet” Organised by the Department of Psychology, the resource person Mr. Vinod Sharma is a Guinness World Book record holder. The workshop enlightened the students about mnemonics and other tricks to enhance learning and memory.
- Workshop on Quantitative Techniques and Data analysis Organised by Department of Geography, the workshop focused on various quantitative techniques and data analysis used in research. Dr. Jitendra Kumar, Professor R.N Mishra and Dr. Deepak Mehra were the resource persons for the workshop.
- National seminar on E-learning and MOOC’s in Higher Education Organised by IQAC collaboration with Guru Angad Dev Teaching Learning Centre of MHRD ,co-organized by Directorate of College Education , Government of Rajasthan. The seminar helped the teachers to understand the importance of incorporating e- learning in their classrooms.
- Departmental Fests
- Department of Home Science organized Nutrition Fest from 18th– 20th September 2018.
- Department of English organized its Lit-Fest “Pegasus” on 5th February 2019.
- Department of Economics organized their fest Ecolloquium on 25th March 2019.
- IOT IGNITE -Two Day Seminar on Internet of Things
Department of Computer Science organized a two day seminar on Internet of Things to make students and scholars aware of the growing importance of this theme in today’s tech-savvy society. Dignitaries like Mr. Madhukant Patel MD Reve Automation LLP, Prof. N.N Jani Prof. N.N. Jani Director SKPIMCS-KSV, and Dr. Richa Mehta Asst. Prof. KSV University, Gandhinagar graced the occasion.